The Digital Innovators Skills Programme
Find out more about the DI Skills Programme through which we build confidence, collaborate and innovate, and unlock potential
How does it work?
The Digital Innovators Skills Programme is delivered in three key stages.
After enrolling on the DI skills programme, you will complete our Starting Point process. This help us to tailor our programme based upon both your development needs, as well as your potential.
Coached by our team of experienced business professionals, you will develop key skills which employers are searching for such as confidence, problem solving, leadership, communication and more!
Live Business Project
In a project team, you will be tackling an industry challenge set by an employer. With guidance from the employer and the DI team, you will work to deliver a tangible solution or business improvement.
How do young people benefit?
After completing our programme, a young person will have:
- Enhanced employability and core skills which are sought after by employers
- Evidence of tangible work experience with an established employer
- Access to alternative career pathways through apprenticeships, jobs, etc.
What else is on offer?
Whilst on the DI Skills Programme, there is ample opportunity to build your professional network, showcase the skills and projects you have been developing, and even access further work experience opportunities.
As participants on our programme, all young people become part of the DI Collective – our community of past and present DI students. As a result, they will have first access to additional resources, job opportunities and more.
In addition to learning from our experienced team of coaches, our trusty mentors and employers, you will have access to further development opportunities such as exclusive site visits and additional training platforms with IBM and Huawei.
What do our students think of it?
“It helped me build on my existing skills and I liked that there was a continued emphasis on applying the training to real life situations. This really helped me develop my skills in negotiation, something I had no experience in previously.”
– Unnati, previous student on the DI Skills Programme who secured a full-time position with NSPCC.
“I really recommend this programme as it allows you to gain hands-on work experience with real employers and you get treated as a real employee. Plus, the Digital Innovators team are a fun group of people, so it is never boring.”
– James, current student on the DI Skills Programme.
What happens afterwards?
After completing the DI Skills Programme, the possibilities are endless. However, there are a number of outcomes which we work with our collaborators to facilitate.
- Students leave our programme equipped with the confidence, skills and experience to pursue their dream career – skills which are estimated to boost their earning potential by up to £6000 every year according to a recent study by SkillsBuilder.
- Following the programme, many young people either go onto higher education, or secure employment in the form of a full-time position, an apprenticeship, or other – and this might be with the employer they collaborated with for their project!
- Some of the ideas generated during the project phase of the programme are taken to the next level. After reaching the stage of a proof of concept or minimum viable product, these ideas can become actual start-up businesses or projects within organisations!
Above is a non-exhaustive list of outcomes from the DI Skills Programme. Whatever the outcome or the next step, Digital Innovators is committed to supporting graduates of our programme on their path to becoming the best version of themselves that they can be.
Interested in taking part?
Whether you are a young person, an employer, a community organisation or an education provider – you can be a part of the DI Skills Programme. Get in touch today to find out more.