Could you be our Communications Assistant, supporting our comms and business development activities? Then we’d like to hear from you. Take a look at the job description below.
Digital Innovators Communications Assistant: Job description
Digital Innovators is a training provider specialising in giving young people access to fulfilling career opportunities. We deliver training programmes in partnership with organisations such as Solihull College & University Centre, West Midlands Combined Authority, and other partners to provide ambitious students with the opportunity to learn life skills, work on live business projects and unlock their innate digital and problem-solving skills.
We help young people and those not currently in education, employment or training, access career opportunities by providing them with the confidence, self-belief, leadership and digital skills to help them stand out.
Demand for our training is growing we have created a new role of Communications Assistant to help us promote our story and build relationships with our partners.
Title: Communications Assistant
Term: 1 year fixed term contract
Location: Home-based initially, with flexibility to attend meetings/work from DI offices as required in the Birmingham and Solihull area
Starting date: As soon as possible
Salary: £20,000 – 22,000pa depending on experience
Working hours: 9-5. Part time and flexible hours considered (minimum 30 hours, salary pro rata)
The Communications Assistant will support the Digital Innovators team across all their communications and business development needs. We are looking for a highly motivated individual willing to get stuck into a range of tasks to support the team. Tasks may range from managing databases, copywriting and proof reading, updating our website, posting on social media, liaising with partners and events support.
Attention to detail, a solid grasp of IT and a can-do, positive attitude are essential. This role would suit someone who is self-motivated, organised and can prioritise and multi-task effectively. The successful candidate will also need to be happy to work independently and remotely during the current pandemic.
- Supporting the Business Development Director in coordinating partnerships and setting up work placement projects for students
- Talking to businesses and education providers to promote Digital Innovators and encourage further partnerships
- Working with the Communications Director to deliver the communications plan for the business
- Creating engaging written content for newsletters, blogs, reports and general communication
- Proofreading and editing team materials
- Assisting with the development, design and printing of marketing materials using Canva or Adobe Creative Suite
- Assisting the team with preparing presentations and promotional materials
- Updating our website e.g. pages and posting blogs
- Posting on social media and monitoring analytics
- Creating/supporting newsletters and other communication via Mailchimp
- Assisting with team with planning and prioritising comms and business development tasks e.g. keeping track of upcoming activities
- Keeping our project tracker and comms plan spreadsheets up-to-date
- Maintaining our customer and student databases on Mailchimp and Hubspot
- Providing administrative support to the team as required
The following are essential requirements:
- Good command of written English is essential
- Confident using Microsoft Office Suite (word, powerpoint etc)
- Clear, concise writing style with attention to detail (will be tested at interview)
- Strong organisation, prioritisation, and project management skills
- Ability to work as a team player
- An interest in education and youth employment
- A strong commitment to equal opportunities and diversity in the workplace
- Ability to adhere to company procedures, respect confidential information and support the company in adhering to Data Protection and GDPR regulations (with guidance).
The following are desirable:
- Experience of using an email marketing system such as Mailchimp
- Experience of using social media, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Understanding of Google Analytics
- Experience of using any website CMS system such as WordPress
To apply, send your CV, including full contact details by 5pm on 5th October to: firstname.lastname@example.org